All DTZ employees, from the most senior management to the newest hire, are committed to maintaining a safe workplace.
Our dedicated team of safety professionals, led by a Certified Safety Professional, provide direct support to our work sites across the country. The team has over 90 years of collective experience in the safety field and reports directly to our Chief Executive. Close teamwork with our management and site employees has resulted in measurable improvements in safety.
- Our OSHA Recordable Incidence Rates have been decreasing (improving) for years and are in line with the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) averages for the industry sectors in which we work.
- DTZ's workers' compensation loss rate (a key measure of employee injuries) has dropped significantly the past two years and is now lower than 90% of its competitors, based on independent data from the NCCI (National Council on Compensation Insurance).
- We are recipient of numerous safety awards, including Gold, Silver and Bronze awards presented by the National Safety Council.
- We have numerous sites across the country where our employees have worked for years without a single OSHA recordable incident, as well as sites where our employees have worked proudly to attain OSHA VPP (Voluntary Protection Program) Star status.
- DTZ has established all of its safety programs on uShare, the company's intranet site for sharing information. The site includes over 30 compliance programs for meeting OSHA standards.
USafe is about working safely?building a strong well defined safety culture and detailed management systems for all that work on our projects. The USafe identity is our central visual prompt of working responsibly with safe work practices. HSSE USafe initiatives and programs sustain the focus on personal safety commitment.